If you like the entertainment sector, you may not find a better opportunity than this one!
We are Stage Entertainment, a leading multinational company in the production of musicals. Among our titles are The Lion King and Anastasia today in addition to the production in previous years of titles such as Cabaret, The Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Beauty and the Beast, Mamma Mia, Chicago, or Les Miserables.
We´re looking for a Finance Controller. Our Finance Controller will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and control of company´s accounting and tax, Corporate reporting to headquarters and financial statements management and analysis among other responsibilities listed below:
- Review of monthly and yearly accounting closing ensuring timely reconciliation of all accounts, to verify its accuracy by tracking and monitoring the financial records. Including monthly reporting package to Corporate: Monthly report, Tax report, Intercompany, Budget, Forecast.
- Prepares and provides financial statements, sales reports, commission reports, analysis, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis. (Local and Group level)
- Development and implementation of internal controls
Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Management:
- Responsible for Balance sheet and Cash Flow statement budgeting and forecasting, besides deviation analysis, areas for improvement from a financial perspective and monitoring debtors to ensure collections within given time limit
- CAPEX management: Fixed assets budgeting and forecasting with areas responsibles, reporting deviations in addition to maintain and reconcile fixed assets to the general ledger
Accounting Year-End Process:
- Preparation of the annual accounts of the company, guaranteeing compliance with accounting obligations, in addition to local official formalities related to the statutory accounts
- Audit follow up working directly with external auditors: Prepare the audit based on the auditor's requirements and following up audit activities according to the defined calendar. Reporting package preparation to get auditor's approval for group consolidation.
- Ensuring Tax compliance with local regulation and verification of compliance with tax objectives and organization's standards and procedures
- Coordinate with external Tax advisors preparing company income tax liquidations, ensuring schedules required and tax fillings as required by local tax and legal legislations. Perform Company Tax year-end accrual review
- Maintain External Tax Advisors relationship regarding new regulations updates and tax projects implementations (e. g transfer pricing and other relevant tax matters)
- Specific Tax Reporting to Corporate: planning, compliance, reviews and risk analysis.
- Research tax/finance-related projects and keep up to date with current developments in the tax area
And, what are we looking for:
- 5 years experience in similar position
- Strong accounting basis (SP GAAP and IFRS)
- Tax knowledge from a finance perspective
- Fluent English
- Used to work in ERP environment: Sage and HFM desirable